|Describe the policy in each country related to the identified healthcare issue|
|What are the strengths of this policy?|
|What are the weaknesses of this policy?|
|Explain how the social determinants of health may impact the specified global health issue. (Be specific and provide examples)|
|How has each country’ government addressed cost, quality, and access to the selected global health issue?|
|How has the identified health policy impacted the health of the global population? (Be specific and provide examples)|
|Describe the potential impact of the identified health policy on the role of nurse in each country.|
|Explain how global health issues impact local healthcare organizations and policies in both countries. (Be specific and provide examples)|
Examine the importance of professional associations in nursing. Choose a professional nursing organization that relates to your specialty area, or a specialty area in which you are interested. In a 750-1,000 word paper, provide a detailed overview the organization and its advantages for members. Include the following:
- Describe the organization and its significance to nurses in the specialty area. Include its purpose, mission, and vision. Describe the overall benefits, or “perks,” of being a member.
- Explain why it is important for a nurse in this specialty field to network. Discuss how this organization creates networking opportunities for nurses.
- Discuss how the organization keeps its members informed of health care changes and changes to practice that affect the specialty area.
- Discuss opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
Review the pathophysiology of PE( Pulmonary Embolism) , then answer and submit the following questions:
1. What places a patient at risk for PE?
2. What care interventions are needed to prevent PE development?
3. Identify PE manifestations that you might observe.
4. What diagnostic tests should be done immediately?
5. How would you prepare the patient for testing?
6. What would you tell the family? The patient?
7. Should you, as the nurse, contact the Rapid Response Team? Why? (If yes, when should you contact them?)
8. What would the patient look like if he/she were in respiratory acidosis?
Compose a focused paper that explains and describes your healthcare issue/topic from the scientific and mathematical/analytical perspectives of inquiry. (You will cover two perspectives in one paper.)
Address your general topic by forming and answering two levels of research questions for each inquiry.
- Choose a “Level 1 Research Question/Writing Prompt” from both of the lists below to answer in the paper.
- Compose a “Level 2 Research Question/Writing Prompt” for each kind of inquiry that provides detail, specificity, and focus to your inquiry, research, and writing.
- State your research questions in the introduction of your paper.
- Answer each research question and support your assertions with evidence (research) to form the body of your paper.
- In the conclusion of the paper, briefly review the issues, research questions, answers, and insights.
Level 1 Research Questions/Writing Prompts
SCIENTIFIC Perspective of Inquiry
What are the anatomical, physiological, pathological, or epidemiological issues?
Which body systems are affected?
What happens at the cellular or genetic level?
Which chemical or biological issues are most important?
Level 1 Research Questions/Writing Prompts
MATHEMATICAL/ANALYTICAL Perspective of Inquiry
What are the economic issues involved?
Which economic theories or approaches best explain the issue?
What are the statistical facts related to the issue?
Which statistical processes used to study the issue provide for the best explanation or understanding?
Chapter 14 – Violent Behavior in Institutions (Attached)
Question(s): Be prepared to discuss
-What does an institution need to do to be sure that its workers are safe?
Chapter Fourteen: Violent Behavior in Institutions Precipitating Factors Substance Abuse Deinstitutionalization Mental Illness Gender Gangs Required Reporting Elderly Institutional Culpability Readily accessible to clientele Easy prey for people looking for money or drugs Minimal security system ÷ Institutional Culpability Cont. Universities and their Counseling Centers ÷Counseling offices are isolated ÷Seung-hui Cho (Virginia Tech) ÷Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 Denial ÷Do not want bad publicity ÷Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 (Clery Act) Staff Culpability Believe they are immune from the threat because they are supportive and caring Client may act aggressively if they feel they have little control over their treatment Staff also need to set limits in a positive, firm, fair, and empathic manner Staff Culpability Cont. Staff members who are burned out are more likely to be assaulted than those who are not 46% of all assaults involved students or trainees and the incidence of assaults decreased as the workers gained experience Legal Liability Health-care providers may be the victims of assaults but they may also become legally liable for their actions Liability extends to the institutions and directors of those institutions Failure to properly diagnose, treat, and control violent clients or protect third parties from assaultive behavior One of the better predictors of who will be at risk to become violent is the collective judgment of clinical workers. Violence Potential Assessment Instruments HCR-20 Violence Screening Checklist–Revised (VSC-R) Broset Violence Checklist (BVC) Dynamic Appraisal of Situational Aggression (DASA) Bases for Violence Age Substance Abuse Predisposing History of Violence Psychological Disturbance Social Stressors Bases for Violence Cont. Family History Time Presence of Interactive Participants Motoric Cues Multiple Indicators Intervention Strategies Security Planning Commitment and Involvement Worksite Analysis Hazard Prevention and Control ÷Threat Assessment Teams ÷Precautions in Dealing with the Physical Setting Training ÷Anti-Violence Intervention ÷Assumptions ÷Precautions ÷Outreach Precautions Intervention Strategies Cont. Record Keeping and Program Evaluation Stages of Intervention ÷Education ÷Avoidance of Conflict ÷Appeasement ÷Deflection ÷Time-out ÷Show of Force ÷Seclusion ÷Restraints ÷Sedation The Violent Geriatric Client Mild Disorientation ÷Assessment ÷Eliciting Trust ÷Reality Orientation ÷Pacing ÷Reminiscence Therapy ÷Anchoring ÷ The Violent Geriatric Client Cont. Distinguishing between Illusions and Hallucinations ÷Sundown Syndrome ÷Security Blankets ÷Remotivation ÷Severe Disorientation ÷Follow-up with Staff Members
Discuss and analyze the situation according to the ethical principles that you have learned in this chapters
Chapter 4: Ethics in Public and Community Health Nursing Practice
Chapter 5: Cultural Influences in Nursing in Community Health
Chapter 28: Nursing Practice at the Local, State, and National Levels in Public Health,
How would the use of a different priority of ethical principles affect possible outcomes?
1. A high school student with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) wishes to attend class.
2.A student has confided to a school worker that her father is sexually abusing her. She does not want her mother, who is a teacher at the school, to know and does not want the nurse or the counselor or principal to discuss this with anyone.
If you talk about a possible poor health outcome, do you believe that outcome will occur? Do you believe eye contact and personal contact should be avoided?
You would have a difficult time practicing as a nurse if you believed these to be true. But they are very real beliefs in some cultures.
Differences in cultural beliefs, subcultures, religion, ethnic customs, dietary customs, language, and a host of other factors contribute to the complex environment that surrounds global healthcare issues. Failure to understand and account for these differences can create a gulf between practitioners and the public they serve.
In this Assignment, you will examine a global health issue and consider the approach to this issue by the United States and by one other country.
- Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global health agenda and select one global health issue to focus on for this Assignment.
- Select at least one additional country to compare to the U.S. for this Assignment.
- Reflect on how the global health issue you selected is approached in the U.S. and in the additional country you selected.
- Review and download the Global Health Comparison Matrix provided in the Resources.
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Global Health Comparison Matrix; 1-page Plan for Social Change)
Part 1: Global Health Comparison Matrix
Focusing on the country you selected and the U.S., complete the Global Health Comparison Matrix. Be sure to address the following:
- Consider the U.S. national/federal health policies that have been adapted for the global health issue you selected from the WHO global health agenda. Compare these policies to the additional country you selected for study.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each policy.
- Explain how the social determinants of health may impact the global health issue you selected. Be specific and provide examples.
- Using the WHO’s Organization’s global health agenda as well as the results of your own research, analyze how each country’s government addresses cost, quality, and access to the global health issue selected.
- Explain how the health policy you selected might impact the health of the global population. Be specific and provide examples.
- Explain how the health policy you selected might impact the role of the nurse in each country.
- Explain how global health issues impact local healthcare organizations and policies in both countries. Be specific and provide examples.
Part 2: A Plan for Social Change
Reflect on the global health policy comparison and analysis you conducted in Part 1 of the Assignment and the impact that global health issues may have on the world, the U.S., your community, as well as your practice as a nurse leader.
In a 1-page response, create a plan for social change that incorporates a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
- Explain how you would advocate for the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
- Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens might impact your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
- Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice as a nurse leader represents and contributes to social change. Be specific and provide examples.
In addition to the topic study materials, use the chart you completed and questions you answered in the Topic 3 about “Case Study: Healing and Autonomy” as the basis for your responses in this assignment.
Answer the following questions about a patient’s spiritual needs in light of the Christian worldview.
- In 200-250 words, respond to the following: Should the physician allow Mike to continue making decisions that seem to him to be irrational and harmful to James, or would that mean a disrespect of a patient’s autonomy? Explain your rationale.
- In 400-500 words, respond to the following: How ought the Christian think about sickness and health? How should a Christian think about medical intervention? What should Mike as a Christian do? How should he reason about trusting God and treating James in relation to what is truly honoring the principles of beneficence and nonmaleficence in James’s care?
- In 200-250 words, respond to the following: How would a spiritual needs assessment help the physician assist Mike determine appropriate interventions for James and for his family or others involved in his care?
The paper is to be a five (6) pages total (double-spaced, 12 font, 1 inch margins). Follow APA guidelines for a cover sheet, headers, pagination, references, etc. Use APA format and label each section using the evaluation outline below.
Analysis of basic components/concepts of the selected theory. • Discuss in detail A NURSING theory and its core concepts and/or components • Use a secondary source like your textbook or scholarly article that details the selected nursing theory.
Select two peerreviewed/practicebased articles in which the same theory has been applied to clinical patient care issues (i.e. multiple sclerosis, CHF, etc.). • Describe the key details of each article (purpose, sample size, methodology, interventions, results, future implications, strengths & limitations).
Critically analyze and summarize how the research results can be applied to primary care and improve care rendered by the family nurse practitioner.
1-Challenges of the interview of the ARNP initial post due this week.
Listed below are the three most challenging interview questions you may experience during the interview process. To fully prepare the student for his or her future interview, please provide a clear and concise answer as to how you as the APRN will answer each interview question.
1-What is your biggest Weakness?
2-Describe how you resolved conflict with a co-worker or patient?
3-Tell me about yourself?